We provide in-depth, narrative style inspection reports complete with digital color photos, delivered electronically in 24 hours (usually the same day as the inspection). Only an ASHI Inspector can provide clients with a professional, personalized inspection that combines 28 years of nationally recognized technical standards along with a code of ethics and the very best in customer services, education and satisfaction.
Find out why at www.ashi.org
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR HOME INSPECTION WITH THE STEPS BELOW!
- Interview at least three inspectors – ask for sample reports
- Ask for referrals from friends or co-workers
- Choose an ASHI certified, state licensed and professionally insured inspector
- Don’t shop inspectors on price – you will live with your purchase decision for a long time!
- Work with your Realtor to schedule the inspection at least a week before the closing
- Plan to attend the inspection – bring a list of questions
- Walk with the inspector – ask for an on-site review
- Clean the home, maintain the yard
- Provide documents detailing home improvements, upgrades and/or maintenance projects
- Plan to be away for 2-3 hours during the inspection – your buyers need time in the home to visualize it as their own!
- Remember, most inspectors arrive slightly before the scheduled appointment
- Make sure pets are considered and made safe during the inspection
- Encourage scheduling of the inspection at least one week prior to close
- Work with the sellers to make sure all utilities, appliances, electrical breakers, pilot lights and HVAC systems are turned on prior to inspection
- Keep parties informed on inspection times and changes in schedule