The Home Buyer’s Guide to Professional Home Inspection
This guide is designed to assist home buyers in making informed decisions regarding the services of professional home inspectors
by addressing some of the most frequently asked questions regarding this important service.
- What is a professional home inspection?
- Why should a home be inspected?
- Do all homes need to be inspected?
- Who are professional home inspectors?
- What qualifications should a professional home inspector have?
- Do inspectors need to be engineers?
- Do inspectors rate homes?
- What about cosmetic conditions?
- Do inspectors provide cost estimates for corrective work?
- Should buyers attend inspections?
- Are previous inspection reports reliable?
- Is a home inspection a warranty?
- What about “warranties/certifications” at no additional cost?
- Should home inspection companies provide any guarantee?
- Why are specific items excluded in inspection contracts?
- What about systems that are shut off or de-energized at the time of the inspection?
- What about systems or components that cannot be inspected due to inaccessibility or unsafe conditions?
- How do I arrange for a professional home inspection?
- What about inspection report formats?
- What about payment?